Smart Green African Cities is a CONFEX proudly brought to you by Pure Grit Project and Exhibitions Management (Pty) Ltd and New World Exhibitions.
We can all strive to be the change we want to see in the world if we shift our perception to believing that the little interventions and conscious decisions we make as we engage with our immediate environment, has a positive and rippled impact on the world.
Why a Smart Green African City conference and exhibition?
- Quite simply, not enough is being done to protect the future of our African Urban Environment.
- Smart Cities that work within its environment provide and enhance social and economic climates.
- Smart Cities encompasses smart living, smart economies, smart infrastructure, smart governance, smart environments, smart mobility and smart people.
- Bringing together all of these disciplines to create a city lifestyle that does not just consume, but also protects and replenishes.
Multinational and Governments have predicted over the past decade Africa to be the next big growth market. Although all cities around the globe have challenges, African Cities have a unique set of challenges stemming from community displacement, civil unrest, migration and neglected infrastructure. By focusing on the key drivers of technology, sustainability, infrastructure and governance cities we can begin to develop a cohesive growth trajectory that will gain immediate traction.
A smart city is a choice!
- The choice of sustainable use and management of natural and manufactured resources.
- The choice of clean, renewable energy.
- The choice of carbon reduced public and private transport.
- The choice of how one is fed and educated.
- The choice provided by technology and all services.
- The choice of how you create a safe and secure environment for all people.
- The choice of an efficient dialogue between government and citizens.
This conference and exhibition will provide delegates with an opportunity to meet, learn and share knowledge and direction about the relevance of their position and/or their products positions in the market place in the future. The exhibition will highlight the way forward for Smart Green Africa Cities. We have embarked on a journey to bring together the best in the industry to inspire, educate and connect towards a better tomorrow.
Our current and previous
Projects and Clients
|Tourism Indaba – Durban||2011 – current||South African Tourism|
|Civil Society Summit – JHB||2014||NEDLAC|
|Africa Golf Summit – JHB||2015 – current||PGA/Sunshine Tour|
|Simon Sabela Awards – Durban||2015||KZN Film Council|
|Ecomobility Festival – JHB||2015||City of JHB/SANEDI|
|Pavilion WTM – London||2011 – 2016||South African Tourism|
|Pavilion ITB – Berlin||2011 – 2016||South African Tourism|
|Pavilion Tourism – Turkey||2015 – 2016||South African Tourism|
|Pavilion ABAV – Sao Paulo||2014 – 2015||South African Tourism|
|Swahili Exhibition – Dar es Salaam||2014 – 2015||Tanzania Tourism Board|
|By Women for Women||2016 – Current||Pure Grit ( in-house event)|